Sonntag, 17. Juli 2011

‎"La couleur crée des frayeurs. Chez ceux qui ignorent la voix du coeur" Shurik'n.



Mauerpark. Already from the name one could gather not only part of the history of Berlin in the XXth century, but especially how it assumed it and keeps transforming it continuously. Every Sunday there is a very important flea market here, and, now I learn, karaoke too. Which I would probably visit soon. With its musicians, its barbecues, people sunbathing, kids running, and food sellers, is a great example of our city here.







In der Nähe vom Prenzlauerberg, on the way to it. And a visit to Sophieneck to eat with my hosts. Finally, Eisbein. ca. 1kg. And the need to photograph the dishes of whoever is with me at the table. I could certainly live on Deutsche Küche.














As always to wander and get lost. And as in Paris for a while I couldn't seem to be able to get away from the Louvre. Here too I seem to walk round and round Museuminsel... always to come back to Friedrichstr. (The same place where I always take a picture of myself).














Wir feiern, die ganze Nacht, die ganze Nacht… As it slowly comes, and it never lasts enough. We meet on a park, next to a bridge and Hackeschermarkt. Trying to understand without a bridge between 3 languages. But that is part of it all. Feiern und, plötzlich, Feuer. Feuerkreise.




Und dann, der Fluss. Part of what I have always loved, and especially always needed, a river. Part also of the charm of the clubs and Kneipen here in Berlin. This time even with sand inside. And the end of the night, in the familiar Ostbahnhof, bis Friedrichstr. again (which was far away last time). To stop at a stand, get another beer, and then home. I still cannot explain why one feels at home here--perhaps because here helps one realize the ephemeral and ghostlike character of any home.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen